Tuesday 17 January 2012

January 17th 2012

Even more ice covering the lakes today, but still not as much as on many occasions last winter. There was nothing notable new in but lingering birds included the Little Grebe at Terry's Pool near the weir, the female Mandarin Duck at Engine Pool and a male Teal at Windmill Pool. For me though, this visit's highlight were the Mallard (yes, the Mallard!), and with birds concentrated at the unfrozen patches and hardly any movement between those patches, I counted 478 - probably a patch record!!!
M.P. Griffiths

P.S. I've been trying to update the systematic list of birds and birders' lists pages, but it seems my account has expired and the company want my card details, even though it's free, so looks like I'm gonna have to move this elsewhere.

2 comments:

midlands birder said...

Hey Matt
Great to see you postin again on here :)
Funny you should mention the lists page, i was thinking recently what my Earlswood list is on, because it'd be higher than it was when i sent you my last list! I'll forward my list when you've got it all sorted out!
MB

Matt Griffiths said...

Cheers mate :-)