Friday 18 March 2011

16th-18th March 2011

Many thanks to Tony and Barbara Philp who found a Little Egret at Terry's Pool this morning (18th) and contacted me quickly. I was at home and found that someone had left an answerphone message on my mobile, listened to it expecting it to be an agency telling me about a job, and to my surprise it was Barbara! I got over as quick as I could, and after a few minutes found it at the top of a tree on one of the islands. It moved a few times due to disturbance from people but eventually settled for some time on the easternmost island, where I had great scope views of it next to a Grey Heron (and checked features that confirmed it wasn't a Reef or Snowy Egret - you've got to try though!). This is my first patch tick for the year, putting me on 121. Back at home, I found that someone else had reported seeing the bird at 6:45 am.

Other notable birds at Terry's Pool were the female Pochard and a Greylag Goose.

No comments: