Tuesday 2 March 2010

2nd March 2010

A first for some years - a day spent at Earlswood without any form of optical aid!!! Yep, I left my bins and scope at home as I went to help some Nature Force volunteers with improving a section of path in Little Clowes Wood, having been invited there by Izumi Segawa (Warwickshire Wildlife Trust). I find it satisfying knowing I've made a small contribution to improving the woods, plus now there should be one less "muddy bit" in there. I plan to start helping the volunteers who go there on Sundays, when I can. Birds noted were a Buzzard along Fulford Hall Road, and a Goldcrest heard in Little Clowes Wood.

Humphrey Miller visited Earlswood, and noted 4 Great Spotted Woodpeckers drumming in the woods and 3 Goosanders at Terry's Pool.

M.P. Griffiths

P.S. Izumi (contact details) is leading a National Grid corporate team to carry on the path work in Clowes Wood on Tuesday 9th March, which I think other people are welcome to come along to.

No comments: