Saturday 10 October 2009

10th October 2009

Set off quite early to the lakes this morning, seeing a Muntjac Deer in a field along Norton Lane along the way. The area was foggy, including the lakes which took well over an hour to clear and I didn't see much from the causeway during that time, although 1 or 2 Meadow Pipit and 2 Grey Wagtails rested there. As the fog began to disappear, thought I'd better get to Terry's Pool, but 3 Tufted Ducks, 2 Kingfishers, 3 Bullfinches and a Treecreeper were the best on offer there, and with nothing notable at Engine Pool I thought that yesterday's good ducks had all gone. However, eventually checked the southern half of Windmill Pool where I had 3 Teals and, best of all, a Wigeon (my first at the lakes this autumn); whilst in that area, I also saw 2 Ravens fly over the lakes.

Then proceeded on to Earlswood Moathouse NR, but a Treecreeper and a Coal Tit were the best I could see in there.

M.P. Griffiths

1 comment:

Reg Telescope said...

Some potential patch ticks there. I will be back at the lakes before too long.