Wednesday 16 September 2009

16th September 2009

Walking towards Earlswood during the mid-morning, I was surprised to see a large congregation of gulls on a field at Fulford Heath that had been ploughed some days ago. I didn't have much time to spare before my mom picked me up in a car, but just about managed to count 180 Black-headed Gulls, 15 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 3 Herring Gulls and 2+ Rooks there. I was also able to spend just over five minutes at the lakes at the causeway, where all I saw were a few more gulls including 4 Herring Gulls and 1 Lesser Black-backed Gull, before continuing on in the car to Blythe Valley CP.

There I met Humphrey Miller and Barbara Oakley again to do some nestbox project work, during which we saw 2 Kestrels and a Buzzard.

M.P. Griffiths

No comments: