Friday 28 August 2009

28th August 2009

Braved the rain and got pretty wet again during the late afternoon, but there were good numbers of hirundines present with 140+ Swallows, 10+ House Martins and 2+ Sand Martins counted. Also seen were 2 Tufted Ducks and a Grey Wagtail at Windmill Pool, a Mute Swan at Engine Pool and a Kingfisher at Terry's Pool.
Leaving the lakes in a hurry after realising the time, took one of the sharp corners at the causeway too fast on my bike and hit the kerb, went over my handlebars a little and was saved from falling down the slope to Valley Road by the barrier fence - luckily the idiots who have been removing bits of the lakes' barriers haven't removed any on that side so far, or I might've been a goner! There was a car behind me, saw the whole thing but didn't stop to see that I was okay :-(
M.P. Griffiths

No comments: