Sunday 7 June 2009

7th June 2009

Another late afternoon visit on the bike produced nothing unusual. From the causeway, saw just 1 Common Tern, 20+ Swifts, 15+ House Martins and some Swallows (including 6 juveniles resting on Windmill Pool's concrete embankment and being fed regularly by adults). Also, saw 2 Tufted Ducks at Terry's Pool, and heard a Goldcrest singing nearby.
M.P. Griffiths

P.S. I think I should've said more in the last post about the "something about Earlswood" that I've been writing. I've now scrapped the idea of writing a "Birds of Earlswood" article (see post "News for 2009", posted 1st January 2009), and so basically the main bit in this "something" that I don't think I've already mentioned on here will be that my plan now is to produce a book/report that covers the birds observed in the Earlswood area during the period 2000-09; the main advantage of this is that the publication can be as long and as detailed as I like. However, I'm also hoping to produce a history/handbook of the birds of Earlswood, which will cover a much greater period of time.

No comments: